Visa Guidelines - United Arab Emirates
The guidelines below apply to students studying in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for a period of over 1 month or for one semester up to one academic year. Please contact Education Abroad if you have any questions.
A visa is a legal document from immigration authorities which shows you have permission to enter the country for a certain amount of time.
Is a Visa required for US Citizens?
- Yes! US Passport Holders are required to apply for a visa in order to stay in the UAE for more than 1 month stay.
- If you are not a US passport holder, you can click here to see if you need a visa to enter the UAE based on your Nationality.
- Cost: 705 AED*
In the UAE, student visas are processed by the institutions after the student has been accepted as a visiting abroad student. They will send you an email with a form that will you need to fill out as well as request the following documentation:
- A color copy of of all pages of the passport
- Four passport sized colored photos with white background (shoulders covered, neutral face, no glasses or earrings)
- Letter of enrollment from UAE institution in Arabic
The fee will be collected during orientation week in the UAE** Then the students Visa will be transferred from Student Entry Permit to Residence Visa.
In order for the transfer to happen:
- They will first be taken for the mandatory x-ray and blood test
- They will then fill out the application for the Emirates ID Card
**Depends on the institution, more information will be provided by them in regard to application and payment
This page was last updated 6/6/17